Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test, PSTET 2023 Application Form released. Candidates who wish to appear for PSTET 2023 can now visit the official website pstet.pseb.ac.in . The registration process had started on November 25, 2023. Candidates can apply online on official website before December 2023. Important dates are shared below.
A detailed information bulletin is now available on the official website.candidates applying for teacher jobs. Eligibility Test or TET is mandatory for As per rules, a person having requisite educational and professional qualification as per NCTE notification is eligible to apply. There is no age limit for TET.
Eligibility for Punjab TET is a
- person who has the educational and professional qualifications mentioned in the NCTE notification dated 23 August 2010.
- A person pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by NCTE or RCI) mentioned in the NCTE notification dated 23rd August.
- The eligibility condition for appearing in TET may be relaxed in respect of those 3 States/UTs where relaxation is given under sub-section (2) of section 23 of the RTE Act.
- The exemption shall be specified in the notification issued by the Central Government under that sub-section.
2 Paper will be conducted. PSTET Paper 1 is for class 1 to 5, Paper II is for class 6 to 8. Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be conducted on the same date. Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be MCQ based. A total of 150 questions will be asked from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language, Mathematics etc. The time allotted for each paper is 90 minutes.
Candidates can check detailed eligibility criteria, paper pattern etc in the official notification here. To qualify the exam, candidates must have secured at least 60% marks in TET exam. The eligibility criteria may be different for reserved categories.
Eligibility Marks for Punjab TET
A person who secures 60% or more marks in TET exam will be considered as TET pass. School Managements (Government, Local Bodies, Government aided and unaided)
- may consider giving concessions to SC/ST, OBC, PWD etc as per their existing reservation policy;
- TET score should be given weightage in the recruitment process; However, qualifying in TET does not make a person eligible for recruitment/employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for recruitment.
PUNJAB TET CERTIFICATE
VALIDITY FREQUENCY OF CONDUCT OF PSTET AND VALIDITY PERIOD OF PSTET CERTIFICATE: The appropriate government should conduct TET at least every year. The period of validity of TET eligibility certificate for recruitment will be decided by the appropriate Government subject to a maximum of seven years for all categories. But there is no limit to the number of attempts a person can take to get the TET certificate. A person who has qualified in TET can take the test again to improve his/her score.
- The appropriate Government conducting the examination will award TET Certificate to all successful candidates.
- Name and address of the candidate, date of birth, registration number in the certificate. year/month of certificate, marks obtained in each paper, class level of its validity (should be class I to V, class VI to VIII or both), and, in case of class VI to VIII, subject area (Science and Mathematics ) , social studies, etc.).
- The certificate can be generated electronically with suitable security features.
- It may be considered appropriate to use the services of specialized agencies for issuing de-materialized (demat) TET certificates as a security feature to avoid any kind of misuse.
To apply for the exam
- the official website- pstet.pseb.ac.in
- Candidates have to register first and then fill the application form.
- Candidates have to click on the New User option.
- A new window will open.
- Candidates must first register with the required details like name, email id and other details.
- After this the candidates have to fill the application form.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the application form with them for future reference.