Minority Fellowship for Phd :UGC Fellowship 2023 for Minority Students or UGC Fellowship 2023 for Minority Students The University Grants Commission or UGC, the higher education regulatory body, has invited applications for the award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship or Minority Fellowship for Phd or MANF Scholarship for Minority Students for the academic year 2022-23 are invited. The commission increased the number of fellowships from 756 to 1,000.
As per the UGC, students from minority communities pursuing full-time research programs in higher educational institutions can apply for these fellowships. Candidates who have qualified in CBSE-UGC-NET/JRF/CSIR-NET/JRF held in December 2017 and June 2018 are eligible to apply, said the UGC notification released on December 10.
MANF Scheme is open to candidates belonging to minority community i.e. Muslim, Sikh, Parsi, Buddhist and Christian to pursue higher studies like regular and full time research degree in Science, Humanities, Social Science and Engineering technology.
This UGC notification was released today at www.ugc.ac.in (the official website was unresponsive when we last checked). The commission has not yet announced the details of RGNF fellowship, which is also getting delayed since last two years. The RGNF scheme (now renamed National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students) for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes is designed and funded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
The scheme is open to SC and ST candidates who wish to pursue higher studies such as regular and full-time research degrees in Science, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering and Technology.
- Online applications can be submitted through the link:www.ugc.ac.in/ugc_schemes/
Minority Fellowship for Phd or UGC Fellowship 2023 for Minorities
The objective of the fellowship is to provide a five-year fellowship in the form of financial assistance to students belonging to minority communities notified by the Central Government for M.Phil and Ph.D. The fellowship is implemented by the Ministry of Minority Affairs through the UGC for students belonging to minority communities. The fellowship holders under this fellowship are known as Ministry of Minority Affairs scholars.
- The scheme covers all universities/institutes recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) as follows:
- Central/State Universities (including Constituent and Affiliated Institutions) incorporated under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 and having valid recognition from NAAC.
- Deemed University as per Section 3 of the UGC Act, i.e. an institution of higher education notified by the Central Government as a Deemed University in consultation with the UGC and having valid NAAC accreditation.
- The institute is fully funded by the State/Central Government and is empowered to award degrees.
- Institutes of National Importance notified by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. (mhrd.gov.in/institutions-national-importance)
The fellowship caters to students from minority communities to pursue regular and full-time research studies leading to the award of M.Phil/PhD degree in India. This enables candidates to qualify for employment to positions previously held by M.Phil and Ph.D. including positions of Assistant Professors in various educational institutions. The UGC will be the nodal agency for implementing the fellowship and will ensure that the MANF scheme is also included in the notification/press release issued by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for the UGC-NET and joint CSIR-UGC NET examinations.
Eligibility Criteria for UGC Man Fellowship
- To be eligible for the award of this fellowship the candidate must satisfy the following conditions, he/she must belong to one of the minority communities notified under section 2(c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992, viz. Buddhist, Christian, Jain, Muslim, Sikh, Parsi (Parsi).
- Prior clearance of UGC-NET or Joint CSIR-UGC NET exam is mandatory for award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students for M.Phil/Ph.D.
- The eligibility conditions are as per notification for UGC-NET and Joint CSIR-UGC-NET examinations.
- Preference will be given to the candidates from minority community, who are already admitted and qualified in NET exam. Such candidates are required to join the fellowship within 3 months from the date of issue of the JRF award letter.
- Fellowship start date UGC-NET-JRF and Joint CSIR-UGC-NET-JRF result declaration date or date of joining, whichever is later.
- Candidates who have not yet been admitted will also be selected in order of merit in the NET test if there are not enough candidates who have already taken admission.
- Such candidates are eligible for fellowship under MANF for admission to M.Phil./Ph.D. in research institutes.
- The validity period of the proposal is three years from the date of issue of the award letter by JRF under the scheme.
A scholar is eligible for only one fellowship at a time. The scholar should declare that he/she will not accept/receive any other monetary benefit/scholarship/fellowship from any other source. In other words, a scholar awarded a fellowship under this scheme shall not accept any other fellowship/scholarship or receive any appointment, payment or otherwise or any emoluments, salary, stipend etc. from any other source during the award period. (Except in the case of ‘Academic Leave’ for one year). If a scholar has already secured any scholarship/fellowship, he/she will have to give up the previous scholarship/fellowship/any other monetary benefit or opt out under this scheme.
A scholar who does not complete his research work during the fellowship period is not eligible to reapply under the scheme. Similarly, a scholar who has earlier received any fellowship in full or in part is also not eligible for fellowship under this scheme. Employees of any University/College/Educational Institution/Central/State/UT Government, whether on study leave or on EOL for pursuing M.Phil./Ph.D., are exempted from receiving the fellowship. course.
Selection Process for MAN Fellowship
- The total number of slots for fellowship offered under the scheme is 1000 per year.
- Out of 1000 slots available under this scheme, 750 will be allotted to subjects under National Eligibility Test – Junior Research Fellowship (NETJRF) of UGC and remaining 250 will be allotted to science stream students through RUCSIGC NET-JRF combined test for science stream. will be allotted to
- NET is conducted twice a year and 500 selections are made from each NET.
- 30% of the fellowship will be reserved for female students; Rest 70% is normal. In case of shortage of female candidates, the fellowship will be directed to male students from the same minority community.
- Reservation for differently abled students is done as per UGC norms and in a parallel manner.
- At the national level, scholars are selected by the community on the basis of their population in proportion.
- Unutilized fellowship slots from any community will be transferred to deserving scholars belonging to other notified minority communities on the basis of merit at the national level.
Duration of MAN Fellowship:
Interval period for proceeding from M.Phil to Ph.D. Under Doctoral Fellowship Schemes should be for 2 years (from the date of declaration of M.Phil. till the date of admission to Ph.D.). However, the total duration of the fellowship will be five years excluding the gap period. No fellowship is paid during the gap period. The duration of the fellowship is as follows:
Man Fellowship Amount
(Medical facilities, maternity leave and other facilities will be maintained as per UGC guidelines in case of their fellowship programmed. The rate of fellowship for JRF and SRF will be same as the UGC fellowship as revised from time to time. At present the rates are as follows:
House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) at the rate of 8%, 16% and 24% is admissible to students who are not provided with hostel accommodation as per government norms. of India rules apply in the city/location where the research scholar is working.
- Scholars may be provided hostel accommodation by their institutions. In such cases, the student is entitled to recover only hostel charges excluding mess, electricity, water charges etc.
- If the candidate refuses the hostel accommodation offered by the University/Institute, he/she will lose his/her HRA claim.
- In case hostel accommodation is not available, single accommodation may be provided to the student by the host institution. In such cases, the rent paid by the scholar will be refunded on actual basis subject to the maximum limit of HRA as per Govt. of India Regulations.
- In case the scholar makes his/her own arrangement of accommodation, he/she is entitled to HRA as per the limits and classification of cities by the Government. of India.
- In case the scholar wants to withdraw HRA, he/she has to submit a monthly confirmation certificate in the prescribed format to his/her institution for claiming HRA on a monthly basis.
How to Submit Minority Fellowship for Phd Online Application 2022?
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has released the National Fellowship Notification and invited applications for awarding fellowships to minority students under the Scheme of National Fellowship for Minority Students (MANF). Candidates can apply online through the official website of UGC, ugc.ac.in. Candidates can apply for all 1000 slots of MAN Fellowship. The simple steps given below can be followed to apply for the National Fellowship for Minority Students.
Go to the website ugc.nic.in
Candidates must visit the official website of the University Grants Commission (UGC), ugc.nic.in on their device browser.
Click on the View All button
Once you reach the official website, click on the View All button in the Scholarship/Fellowship section of the home page.
Click on View details button
After clicking on that link the e-Scholarship-Fellowship Award Registration Tracking System web page will appear. Now under the Fellowship tab, find ‘National Fellowship for Minority Students’ and click on the ‘View Details’ button.
Now click on apply link
After clicking on that link, the National Fellowship for Minority Students web portal will appear. Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link on this web page.
After clicking on that link, a new registration web page will appear and register yourself by providing basic details.
Fill up the application form
After completing the registration process, now fill all the required details and complete the application form.
Download Application Form
After filling the application form click on the submit button. Then, submit the application form and save it for future reference.
About: Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students is designed and funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs. The scheme is open to minority community i.e. Muslims, Sikhs, Parsis, Buddhists, Christians and Jains and candidates pursuing higher studies like regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D. degree in Science, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology. 3% fellowships are reserved for physically challenged candidates belonging to minority communities as per the rule laid down by the Government of India. Apply Online For UGS MANF